Dr. Javier Adrián Morales Morales (Biología molecular / Molecular biology), firstname.lastname@example.org: Javier got his PhD in molecular biology and biochemistry from the Centro de Investigación Científica de Yucatán (CICY). His PhD focused on the study of nuclear phosphoinositides and their role in cell death. He has the expertise in the usage of different molecular biology techniques such as the DNA, RNA, and proteins extraction, as well as gene cloning, protein expression, and purification. Previous to joining the ICACC (UNAM), he did a postdoc at the CICY where he collaborated with obtaining the transcriptome of the pitayo(Stenocereus queretaroensis). Currently, he is interested in obtaining the metagenome of the African dust particles upon arrival in the Yucatan Peninsula to corroborate the transport of microorganisms from Africa to Mexico during the African dust intrusions.
Mtra. Maria Fernanda Córdoba Benavides (Química / Chemistry), email@example.com: Ma. Fernanda was born in Sandoná – Nariño (Colombia) where she concluded her high school studies. Later on she went to the Universidad de Nariño (Colombia) where she received her degree in Chemistry. During her undergraduate studies she worked in the laboratory preparing the laboratory materials and she was also a teaching assistant in the development of chemistry laboratory practices. Before graduating, Fernanda did an academic internship at the Institute of Chemistry at UNAM (Mexico).
Afterwards, she moved to Mexico City where she obtained her Masters from the graduate School of Chemistry at the UNAM. Currently, she is carrying out her PhD at the Centre of Atmospheric Sciences (UNAM) where her main interests are linked to the study of aerosol particles of marine origin and on how they influence mixed-phase cloud formation.
Lic. Ma. Lourdes Montserrat Silva Castro (Química / Chemistry), firstname.lastname@example.org: Montse is currently studying a Master’s degree in Chemical Sciences at the UNAM; focused on African dust and its effects on the regional precipitation patterns. She has a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from the UNAM. Her main interests are atmospheric chemistry, meteorology, and climate change.
Daniela Alejandra Leal Villalvazo (UNAM, Ciencias de la Tierra / Earth Sciences), email@example.com: Daniela is in the last semester of her career and although she has chosen the aquatic sciences orientation for her degree she is also very interested in several processes that take place in the atmosphere such as atmospheric chemistry. The ocean-atmosphere interaction is another topic that she is passionate about. Daniela´s thesis project focuses on the variability of the concentration of INPs in the presence and absence of phytoplankton blooms in the Gulf of Mexico. Once she graduates she would like to obtain her master’s degree in Marine Sciences focusing on one of the following topics: ocean-atmosphere interaction, climate change, and the hydrodynamics of beaches and coastal lagoons.
Aimeé Margarita Melchum (UNAM, Ciencias de la Tierra / Earth Sciences), firstname.lastname@example.org: Aimeé is pursuing her undergraduate on Earth Sciences focusing on Atmospheric Sciences. She finds Cloud Physics very interesting because of the large variety of processes that can be modified by the clouds and becuase of how amazing clouds look. Also, among her interests Aimeé is passionate about meteorology, as well as atmospheric pollution and renewable energies. At the moment Aimeé is working on her thesis where she evaluates if local bioaerosols can act as INPs, and hence impact cloud formation. Once she is done with her undergraduate, she would like to do a Master in sustainable chemistry since she would like to contribute to the development of products that do not have negative impacts for both the human being and the planet.
Karla Itzel Vivar (Universidad Veracruzana, Ingeniería ambiental / Environmental engineering), email@example.com: Karla is an undergraduate student in Environmental Engineering, and during her training she has focused on Environmental Systems, Environmental Impact and Atmospheric Sciences. She is currently working on her thesis project which consists of analyzing the ice nucleating abilities of volcanic ash particles from the Popocatépetl volcano. She has focused on Atmospheric Sciences due to her great interest in Meteorology, Atmospheric Pollution, Climate Change, and Earth Sciences.
- Anel Viridiana Alfonso (Intercambio académico/ Internship, BUAP, Puebla)
- Manuel Andino (Lic. Química, Yachay Tech, Ecuador, 2020). Now at the Erasmus Mundus joint Master in Enviromental Contamination and Toxicology (France, Spain, and Portugal).
- Diego Cabrera Segoviano (Lic. Ciencias de la Tierra / Earth Sciences, 2021)
- Madeline Cooke (Intercambio académico/ Internship, U. of Michigan, USA). Now at University of Michigan (USA).
- Javier Juárez (Lic. Química Farmacéutica Biológica, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 2019)
- Sabrina Lang (Lic. Ciencias de la Tierra, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, ETH-Z, Suiza, 2011). Now at MeteoSwiss (Switzerland)
- Joshua Iván Muñoz (Lic. Ciencias de la Tierra / Earth Sciences, 2020)
- Diana Lisseth Pereira Guevara (Lic. Química, Yachay Tech, Ecuador, 2019 y Maestría en Ciencias Químicas, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 2021). Now at Laboratoire Interuniversitaire des Systèmes Atmosphériques (LISA), Université de Paris (France).
- Grabriela Lucero Pietra Santa, co-supervisor (Lic. Ingeniería Química, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 2019)
- Zyanya Ramírez (Servicio Social/ Internship, UNAM, CDMX). Now at Texas Tech University (USA).
- María Carolina Ramírez (Maestría en Ciencias de la Tierra, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 2019). Now at IMT-Université de Lille (France)
- Camila Rodríguez Gómez (Maestría en Ciencias de la Tierra, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 2021)
- Fabiola Trujano (UNAM, Física / Physics). Now at University of Toronto (Canada)
- Kenia Rubí Villela (Instituto Tecnológico de Acapulco, Ingeniería bioquimica / Biochemical engineering).
- Jacqueline Yakobi, co-supervisada (Maestría en Química, Universidad de Toronto, Canadá, 2014). Now at Anandia (Canada)