Mtra. Maria Fernanda Córdoba Benavides (Química / Chemistry), email@example.com: Ma. Fernanda was born in Sandoná – Nariño (Colombia) where she concluded her high school studies. Later on she went to the Universidad de Nariño (Colombia) where she received her degree in Chemistry. During her undergraduate studies she worked in the laboratory preparing the laboratory materials and she was also a teaching assistant in the development of chemistry laboratory practices. Before graduating, Fernanda did an academic internship at the Institute of Chemistry at UNAM (Mexico).
Afterwards, she moved to Mexico City where she obtained her Masters from the graduate School of Chemistry at the UNAM. Currently, she is carrying out her PhD at the Centre of Atmospheric Sciences (UNAM) where her main interests are linked to the study of aerosol particles of marine origin and on how they influence mixed-phase cloud formation.
Lic. Diana Lisseth Pereira Guevara (Química / Chemistry), firstname.lastname@example.org: Diana studied a bachelor’s in Chemistry at Yachay Tech University (Ecuador). During her last Bachelor’s semester she got involved in the atmospheric sciences field with a special interest in the role of aerosol particles in cloud formation. Now, she is studying a Master degree in chemical sciences at the UNAM focusing on the influence of agricultural soils in mixed-phase cloud formation. She has worked on the ice nucleating abilities of aerosol particles and precipitation samples in tropical areas. Her research interests are aerosol particles, ice nucleating particles, air pollution, aerosol-cloud interactions, and atmospheric chemistry.
Lic. Camila Rodríguez Gómez (Ciencias de la Tierra / Earth Sciences), email@example.com: Camila is a MSc student working on urban INPs inside the Free Troposphere and the Planetary Boundary Layer in Mexico City. She has three publications, three ongoing manuscripts, several conference participations and one press interview. She is passionate about programming and data analysis and not so passionate about lab work. An average data nerd.
Lic. Ma. Lourdes Montserrat Silva Castro (Química / Chemistry), firstname.lastname@example.org: Montse is currently studying a Master’s degree in Chemical Sciences at the UNAM; focused on African dust and its effects on the regional precipitation patterns. She has a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from the UNAM. Her main interests are atmospheric chemistry, meteorology, and climate change.
Aimeé Margarita Melchum (UNAM, Ciencias de la Tierra / Earth Sciences), email@example.com: Aimeé is pursuing her undergraduate on Earth Sciences focusing on Atmospheric Sciences. She finds Cloud Physics very interesting because of the large variety of processes that can be modified by the clouds and becuase of how amazing clouds look. Also, among her interests Aimeé is passionate about meteorology, as well as atmospheric pollution and renewable energies. At the moment Aimeé is working on her thesis where she evaluates if local bioaerosols can act as INPs, and hence impact cloud formation. Once she is done with her undergraduate, she would like to do a Master in sustainable chemistry since she would like to contribute to the development of products that do not have negative impacts for both the human being and the planet.
Karla Itzel Vivar (Universidad Veracruzana, Ingeniería ambiental / Environmental engineering), firstname.lastname@example.org: Karla is an undergraduate student in Environmental Engineering, and during her training she has focused on Environmental Systems, Environmental Impact and Atmospheric Sciences. She is currently working on her thesis project which consists of analyzing the ice nucleating abilities of volcanic ash particles from the Popocatépetl volcano. She has focused on Atmospheric Sciences due to her great interest in Meteorology, Atmospheric Pollution, Climate Change, and Earth Sciences.
- Anel Viridiana Alfonso (Intercambio académico/ Internship, BUAP, Puebla)
- Talib Amador (Intercambio académico/ Internship, UADY, Mérida)
- Manuel Andino (Lic. Química, Yachay Tech, Ecuador, 2020)
- Diego Cabrera Segoviano (Lic. Ciencias de la Tierra / Earth Sciences, 2021)
- Madeline Cooke (Intercambio académico/ Internship, U. of Michigan, USA). Now at University of Michigan (USA).
- Diego Herrera (Intercambio académico/ Internship, UNAM, CDMX)
- Javier Juárez (Lic. Química Farmacéutica Biológica, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 2019)
- Luis Landeros (Intercambio académico/ Internship, UNAM, CDMX)
- Sabrina Lang (Lic. Ciencias de la Tierra, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, ETH-Z, Suiza, 2011). Now at MeteoSwiss (Switzerland)
- Joshua Iván Muñoz (Lic. Ciencias de la Tierra / Earth Sciences, 2020)
- Grabriela Lucero Pietra Santa, co-supervisor (Lic. Ingeniería Química, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 2019)
- Zyanya Ramírez (Servicio Social/ Internship, UNAM, CDMX). Now at Texas Tech University (USA).
- María Carolina Ramírez (Maestría en Ciencias de la Tierra, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 2019). Now at IMT-Université de Lille (France)
- Fabiola Trujano (UNAM, Física / Physics). Now at University of Toronto (Canada)
- Jairo Omar Villa (Intercambio académico/ Internship, UNAM, CDMX)
- Kenia Rubí Villela (Instituto Tecnológico de Acapulco, Ingeniería bioquimica / Biochemical engineering).
- Jacqueline Yakobi, co-supervisada (Maestría en Química, Universidad de Toronto, Canadá, 2014). Now at Anandia (Canada)